Your first source for research to support evidence-based occupational therapy practice.
New AJOT Series: Authors and Issues
- What goes on behind the scenes in a research lab?
- Can a reader ask questions directly to an author?
- How can I find out more about a topic covered in one of AJOT’s "The Issue Is" articles?
A new AJOT series, Authors and Issues, answers those questions, and more!
Led by AJOT’s editor-in-chief, Stacey Reynolds, one article in each new issue is selected for a deep dive into the content with the authors and invited guests via Zoom. The Zoom recordings are then posted to CommunOT for viewing and asynchronous discussion. Authors and guests moderate the online discussion and answer questions for 1 week. The recordings and discussions are archived on CommunOT.
- June 2022: Deliberate Death as an Occupation: The Issue Is . . .
- July 2022: Predictors of Burnout in OT Practitioners
- August 2022: Lifestyle Redesign
Additional information will be posted here closer to the time of discussion.
- May 2022: Habit Formation to Reduce Frailty Risk Factors
- April 2022: Occupational Therapy in an Ecological Context
- March 2022: Sleep in Veterans, with Dr. Aaron Eakman
- February 2022: Screening Tool Use in OT, with Dr. Anna Boone
- January 2022: Health Services Research and Acute Care Moderators, with Dr. Adam Kinney
- December 2021: Evaluation of Ayres' Sensory Integration® (EASI) Development, with Dr. Zoe Mailloux
The latest in AOTA's Everyday Evidence podcast series is a three-part COVID-19 case application series featuring interviews with frontline OT practitioners about their care experiences during the global pandemic and the case applications they developed. Episode 1 discusses a critical care case application, Episode 2 covers an outpatient care example, and Episode 3 shows a pediatric care example. The full COVID-19 case applications are published in AJOT's special COVID Supplement, published this summer.