Your first source for research to support evidence-based occupational therapy practice.
"The Issue Is . . ." articles feature a platform for scholarly debate of professional issues in the profession. Read the latest Issue Is column now and join the discussion!
New AJOT Series: Authors and Issues
- What goes on behind the scenes in a research lab?
- Can a reader ask questions directly to an author?
- How can I find out more about a topic covered in one of AJOT’s "The Issue Is" articles?
A new AJOT series, Authors and Issues, answers those questions, and more!
Led by AJOT’s editor-in-chief, Stacey Reynolds, one article in each new issue will be selected for a deep dive into the content with the authors and invited guests via Zoom. The Zoom recordings will then be posted to CommunOT for viewing and asynchronous discussion. Authors and guests will moderate the online discussion and answer questions for 1 week.
- December 2021: Development of the EASI Vestibular and Proprioceptive Assessments (Zoe Mailloux and colleagues)
- February 2022: Acute care occupational therapy utilization (Adam Kinney and colleagues)
Additional information will be posted here closer to the time of discussion.
The latest in AOTA's Everyday Evidence podcast series is a three-part COVID-19 case application series featuring interviews with frontline OT practitioners about their care experiences during the global pandemic and the case applications they developed. Episode 1 discusses a critical care case application, Episode 2 covers an outpatient care example, and Episode 3 shows a pediatric care example. The full COVID-19 case applications are published in AJOT's special COVID Supplement, published this summer.