Your first source for research to support evidence-based occupational therapy practice.
Get AJOT Updates on Instagram!
Follow ajoteditor for regular research briefs and news to help translate research into clinical practice.
Never Miss an Article or Issue!
Sign up for AJOT Alerts to receive an email each time an article is published and/or an issue closes. Just click on the purple Alerts button at the top of the page, and select which Alert(s) you want to receive.
New AJOT Series: Authors and Issues
- What goes on behind the scenes in a research lab?
- Can a reader ask questions directly to an author?
- How can I find out more about a topic covered in one of AJOT’s "The Issue Is" articles?
The AJOT series Authors and Issues answers those questions, and more! Led by AJOT’s editor-in-chief, Stacey Reynolds, one article in each new issue is selected for a deep dive into the content with the authors and invited guests via Zoom. The recordings are then posted to CommunOT for viewing and asynchronous discussion. Authors and guests moderate the online discussion and answer questions for 1 week. The recordings and discussions are archived on CommunOT.
Additional information will be posted here closer to the time of discussion.
- September 2022: Linking Antiracist Action From the Classroom to Practice
- August 2022: Lifestyle Redesign®
- July 2022: Predictors of Burnout in OT Practitioners
- June 2022: Deliberate Death as an Occupation: The Issue Is . . .
- May 2022: Habit Formation to Reduce Frailty Risk Factors
- April 2022: Occupational Therapy in an Ecological Context
- March 2022: Sleep and Veterans
- February 2022: Screening Tool Use in OT
- January 2022: Health Services Research and Acute Care Moderators
- December 2021: Evaluation of Ayres' Sensory Integration® (EASI) Development
The latest in AOTA's Everyday Evidence podcast series is a three-part COVID-19 case application series featuring interviews with frontline OT practitioners about their care experiences during the global pandemic and the case applications they developed. Episode 1 discusses a critical care case application, Episode 2 covers an outpatient care example, and Episode 3 shows a pediatric care example. The full COVID-19 case applications are published in AJOT's special COVID Supplement, published this summer.